Vehicle Title Transfer in Phoenix

Quick & Easy Car Title Transfer


Transfer Ownership

Buying or selling a car? You’ll need to make sure to transfer the title. GG&D’s title transfer services can help you either transfer a new car into your name or transfer the title for a car you’re selling into the new owner’s name.

Issue Plate and Tags

GG&D will help change ownership and issue you plates and tags for your newly purchased vehicle. A temporary permit may be issued if necessary.

Vehicle Registration

Keep your vehicle’s registration up-to-date. GG&D offers vehicle registration renewal services, making it easy for you to pay your registration fees and get on your way.

Title Transfer Process

Every GG&D location or MVD branch in Arizona can do a title transfer. Even better, the title transfer process is the same for both buyer and seller. Simply bring in the required documents and information, and once complete, a new title may be mailed to the new owner, upon request.

New driver taking a driving test in Phoenix, AZ
GG&D 3rd party MVD in Phoenix, AZ

Required Documents

To take care of your car title transfer, you’ll need to bring along a few documents and have certain information ready. Here’s what is required for us to complete the service:

  • A signed and notarized vehicle title or signed and notarized Title Transfer Bill of Sale 38-1306.
  • A lien release if applicable
  • Any other documents that apply (original or certified copy of power of attorney, personal representative papers, etc.)

Buying from a Dealership

When you buy a car from a dealership, the dealership may mail you the title and registration. You may also bring in the signed title to process title and registration under your name in our GG&D offices.

Third Party DMV
Third Party DMV

Buying from a Private Party

If you’re buying a car from a private seller, you should be given a signed and notarized title, or a signed and notarized Transfer Bill of Sale form. With this document you may stop by GG&D to get title and registration under your name. Keep in mind that Arizona law requires that you apply for a title within 15 days of buying the vehicle. 

Lien Release Requirements

For private sales, always check to see if the vehicle has a lien against it. If it does, the lien must be paid and the lienholder removed before the car can be put in your name. When the lien is paid/satisfied, the lienholder must release it electronically in order for the title to be sent through the mail to the current owner. Once the title is received by the seller, they must sign and have the title notarized. The title will need to be provided to the buyer in order to title and register under the buyer’s name.
Third Party DMV

*Disclaimer, this is basic information required to transfer an Arizona title. Out of State titles may have different requirements. Stop by our offices for more information. 

person driving a car with a passenger

Top Tips For Passing Your Road Test

There are over 5.3 million licensed drivers in Arizona alone. Are you getting ready to get out on the road and become one? It’s time for you to take your...

Read More
boat on water

Arizona Boat Registration Tips

Even though Arizona is a desert state, it still boasts a wide range of bodies of water for you to enjoy. There are over 128 lakes and 5 major rivers...

Read More