Off-Highway Vehicle Registration in Phoenix
OHV Decal for Dirtbikes, Quads, ATVs, UTVs, Side-by-sides
*NO APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED
Obtaining an OHV Decal
Obtain an OHV for off-highway operations in Arizona. Obtain a decal through GG&D.
No appointments are taken – you will be able to quickly and conveniently take care of all of your driving needs here.
Quick and Convenient
Our customer service will help get you in and processed and back out in a timely manner.
Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Decal
An OHV decal is required for lawful Arizona off-highway operation on public lands of any all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or off-highway vehicle (OHV) that meets the following criteria:
- Is designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain
- Has an unladen weight of 2,500 lbs. or less
- Declared usage of ‘Exclusively Off-Highway’, ‘Primarily Off-Highway’ or ‘Primarily On-Highway’ on the Off-Highway Vehicle Decal Application, form #96-0572, or verbally if renewing
The vehicle will be used off-road at all times, therefore, the vehicle is issued an Off-Road plate and no yearly registration is issued. No class of driver license is required to operate the vehicle.
The vehicle will be used mostly off-road, but occasionally used on-road and is issued a small-sized motorcycle plate. The exception goes towards dune buggies or sand rails which will receive a Standard plate.
The category for a Primarily Off-Highway vehicle determines the fees for this type of vehicle.
- Each category will be exempt from the Registration fee
- Pays the Air Quality Fee and Air Quality Compliance Fee
- Insurance is required
- Any class of license is required to operate the vehicle
The vehicle will be used mostly on-road, but occasionally used off-road and is issued a small-sized motorcycle plate. The exception goes towards dune buggies or sand rails which will receive a Standard plate.
- Normal registration fees will apply
- Insurance is required
- Any class of driver license is required to operate the vehicle
Validity of the OHV Decal
- The OHV decal is only valid for one year from the last day of the month the decal was issued – the vehicle registration cycle is not associated with the decal cycle.
- The OHV decal can be renewed six months prior to the expiration date and will retain the initial expiration date. If renewed after the expiration date the date will change to expire one year from the renewal month
- The OHV decal cannot be transferred from one vehicle to another.
- A renewal notice will be sent from Game and Fish but is still obtained through our GG&D locations.